Saturday 29 October 2011

Introducing the Compassion Fashion Project

I'd like to talk to you today about a project called the Compassion Fashion Project.    Their strapline is "Saving the World in Stilettos." I think this sums up really nicely what they are trying to achieve, which is to raise money for good causes, using fashion to do it.  Although based in the USA, their aim is to help communities all over the world.

I was originally approached to design a "one off" piece for a charity auction, but I preferred the idea of donating a design, such that money is donated to their causes for each piece sold.  When coming up with something for the Compassion Fashion Project, my inspiration was the word "compassion," which brought images of "people with a heart" to mind, hence I decided on a heart design.  Here is a picture of what I have desgined for them, which is a pair of earrings and a pendant. 


This design can be made in any colour, with silver or gold plating, people just need to let me know what they want and 50% of the price paid will go towards helping the CFP with their funds.  You can find more information from my website here.   You can also read the interview that I did with the CFP here.  There is also a picture of a pair of earrings that I made in this style, with silver plated hearts and dragon's vein agate gemstones on the CFP website here.

1 comment:

  1. I want one in silver with the black crackle glass beads!!! This is great Evelyn, thanks for sharing~Meredith xoxo

    ReplyDelete